It is a curious thing, the death of a loved one. We all know that our time in this world is limited, and that eventually all of us will end up underneath some sheet, never to wake up. And yet it is always a surprise when it happens to someone we know. It is like walking up the stairs to your bedroom in the dark, and thinking there is one more stair than there is. Your foot falls down, through the air, and there is a sickly moment of dark surprise as you try and readjust the way you thought of things.
— Lemony Snicket, Horseradish: Bitter Truths You Can’t Avoid
Your standards are so low, you go down with them.
- I started writing again.
- People think I’m pretty.
- I eat good food all day everyday.
- Falling leaves.
- Walking makes me happy.
- I’m not floating; I’m swimming in chaos, and liking it.
- Soccer lifts my spirits (especially when I score goals!).
- When I think of you, I can only think of good memories.
- My beagle isn’t so annoying anymore.
- We’re moving away.